Earthside Billing is the company we partner with in order to provide insurance reimbursements for our clients.
They specializes in getting insurance coverage for midwifery care and Out-of-Hospital Births.
~ Billing Process with EarthSide Billing ~
Step 1: $30
Initial Verification of Benefits
- We also need to guarantee that we make a certain amount per birth, because insurance doesn't always pay enough to cover our fees/expenses
Step 2: $300
Gap/In-Network Exception Approval. This exception must be approved BEFORE you give birth to qualify.
- As stated above, once you have the baby and once you've had your 6-week postpartum visit, claims can then be filed with your insurance for reimbursement payments to you.
- Step 3 is included in the Step 2 price.
Step 3: Postpartum Claim Prep and Submission
This step begins at birth and at 6wks postpartum
- After the claims are processed (usually a 3-5 month process), clients receive their coverage in the form of a reimbursement payment/checks.
* It will cost you some to get back more.
You MUST complete Steps 1 & 2 BEFORE giving birth
in order to qualify for reimbursement.
* PPO Insurance plans will often reimburse
clients for a portion of their care.
* During pregnancy, Earthside Billing will verify your benefits and file for an In-Network exception to increase your reimbursement percentage. Then postpartum, Earthside will file the claims
for your reimbursement.
* We DO ACCEPT FSA and HSA account cards to pay for services.
* Unfortunately HMO and Medi-Cal plans
do not offer any reimbursements or very low reimbursements.